PS-HM-8425 Hall Measurement Package for the CRX-VF Probe Station
Easily add Hall measurement capabilities to your probe station
- A complete solution for enabling 8400 Series Hall measurement in your CRX-VF station
- Supports a range of DC Hall measurements on wafer-scale materials and structures as a function of temperature and field
- Includes all the instrumentation and software for facilitating Hall measurements
- Supports DC fields to 2 T and resistances from 0.5 mΩ to 100 GΩ
- Intuitive software provides easy system operation, data acquisition, and analysis
- Supports exporting of data for multi-carrier analysis
- 3-year standard warranty
The power of the Hall measurement software
The solution adds several instruments to your CRX-VF console, including a switch matrix, current source, and voltmeter. However, the real power is provided in the 8400 Series HMS software, which is on a PC that ships with the package.
This next-generation Hall measurement software enables easy system operation, provides a suite of data acquisition and analysis tools, and allows you to control field, sample temperature, and sample excitation while running Hall measurements in an automated fashion.*
Example of a 8400 HMS measurement results screen
Notable software features:
- Supports van der Pauw and Hall bar measurements, and measuring samples with gated Hall bars to account for gate bias—ideal for device-level material measurement.
- Create a variable temperature Hall measurement with just three clicks of a mouse.
- Start and end a measurement at your convenience, as well as set up time loops to repeat measurements according to a schedule.
- Easily insert a resistance measurement into a Hall measurement sequence.
- Use quick commands to “Go to Temperature,” “Go to Field,” “Go to GBV” (gate bias voltage), and “Wait,” to let the system pause and settle before continuing.
- Perform resistance measurements at the start of an experiment—very useful when you need to do a quick, initial sample check to determine usable current, for instance.
- Supports data export for multi-carrier analysis.
*Manual adjustment of the probe station’s heat switch is required at several temperature points.