PS-HM-8425 Hall Measurement Package for the CRX-VF Probe Station
CRX-VF station expanded to show PS-HM-8425 console additions; shown equipped with optional 5th and 6th arms
Direct and derived measurements as a function of field and temperature
|Hall voltage||Hall coefficient|
|IV curve measurements||Hall mobility|
|Resistance||Anomalous Hall effect (AHE)|
Do more with your probe station
Expand your CRX-VF station to broaden your research capabilities. The PS-HM-8425 package provides all of the instrumentation and software of the Lake Shore 8400 Series so you can implement Hall effect measurement capabilities on your probe station.
With the package, you can run Hall voltage, Hall coefficient, Hall mobility, resistance, and IV curve measurements. Identify carriers of materials by their excitation energies and gain an understanding of dominating mechanisms, whether for Hall bar geometries or for performing gated Hall bar measurements.
The PS-HM-8425 also leverages the station’s capabilities so you can:
- Measure full or partial Hall wafers up to 51 mm (2 in) in size
- Measure multiple samples, as opposed to a conventional Hall system, where only one sample can be loaded at a time
- Probe minute structures that are prone to contamination, reactive to air, or might require initial warming to drive out moisture
- Automate* temperature-dependent Hall measurements for greater lab efficiency
- Measure multilayer Hall structures as part of device development
Easily add Hall measurement capabilities to your probe station
- A complete solution for enabling 8400 Series Hall measurement in your CRX-VF station
- Supports a range of DC Hall measurements on wafer-scale materials and structures as a function of temperature and field
- Includes all the instrumentation and software for facilitating Hall measurements
- Supports DC fields to 2 T and resistances from 0.5 mΩ to 100 GΩ
- Intuitive software provides easy system operation, data acquisition, and analysis
- Supports exporting of data for multi-carrier analysis
- 3-year standard warranty
The power of the Hall measurement software
The solution adds several instruments to your CRX-VF console, including a switch matrix, current source, and voltmeter. However, the real power is provided in the 8400 Series HMS software, which is on a PC that ships with the package.
This next-generation Hall measurement software enables easy system operation, provides a suite of data acquisition and analysis tools, and allows you to control field, sample temperature, and sample excitation while running Hall measurements in an automated fashion.*
Example of a 8400 HMS measurement results screen
Notable software features:
- Supports van der Pauw and Hall bar measurements, and measuring samples with gated Hall bars to account for gate bias—ideal for device-level material measurement.
- Create a variable temperature Hall measurement with just three clicks of a mouse.
- Start and end a measurement at your convenience, as well as set up time loops to repeat measurements according to a schedule.
- Easily insert a resistance measurement into a Hall measurement sequence.
- Use quick commands to “Go to Temperature,” “Go to Field,” “Go to GBV” (gate bias voltage), and “Wait,” to let the system pause and settle before continuing.
- Perform resistance measurements at the start of an experiment—very useful when you need to do a quick, initial sample check to determine usable current, for instance.
- Supports data export for multi-carrier analysis.
*Manual adjustment of the probe station’s heat switch is required at several temperature points.