The power of the Hall measurement software
The solution adds several instruments to your CRX-VF console, including a switch matrix, current source, and voltmeter. However, the real power is provided in the 8400 Series HMS software, which is on a PC that ships with the package.
This next-generation Hall measurement software enables easy system operation, provides a suite of data acquisition and analysis tools, and allows you to control field, sample temperature, and sample excitation while running Hall measurements in an automated
Example of an HMS measurement results screen
Notable software features:
- Supports van der Pauw and Hall bar measurements, and measuring samples with gated Hall bars to account for gate bias—ideal for device-level material measurement.
- Create a variable temperature Hall measurement with just three clicks of a mouse.
- Start and end a measurement at your convenience, as well as set up time loops to repeat measurements according to a schedule.
- Easily insert a resistance measurement into a Hall measurement sequence.
- Use quick commands to “Go to Temperature,” “Go to Field,” “Go to GBV” (gate bias voltage), and “Wait,” to let the system pause and settle before continuing.
- Perform resistance measurements at the start of an experiment—very useful when you need to do a quick, initial sample check to determine usable current, for instance.
- Supports data export for multi-carrier analysis.
*Manual adjustment of the probe station’s heat switch is required at several temperature points.