More about the M91 FastHall™ measurement controller
Ideal for measuring low mobility materials
The M91 automatically checks sample contact quality and graphically displays results.
- Hall analysis including calculation of derived parameters for van der Pauw and Hall bar samples
- FastHall technology eliminates the need for magnetic field reversal when measuring van der Pauw samples—extends mobility range down to 0.001 cm2/V s
- Traditional DC field Hall measurement mode for both Hall bar and van der Pauw samples
- Automated operation for maximum convenience—includes automatic optimization of excitation values and measurement range
- Manual step-by-step mode for full parameter control
- High-resistance option—enables measurement of samples to 200 GΩ
- Outputs all measured values plus derived parameters
- 1-year calibration
- 3-year standard warranty
GPIB-LAN-CONVERT GPIB to LAN converter
For applications requiring IEEE-488 communications, this converter plugs into the instrument’s LAN port and creates a GPIB-compatible interface. Note that network timing may be affected when using parallel to serial converters. Delays vary with the amount of data transferred and the converter’s activity as messages are received.
Rack mounting kits
Be future-ready with
With free online software updates, your instrument can always have the most current capabilities. And as Lake Shore introduces new options in the future, you can purchase and download them to your instrument. This allows the M91 to grow as your measurement needs evolve.
The MeasureReady M91 FastHall measurement controller offers the ultimate in HMS speed, convenience, and precision
More science, less time
The M91 is extremely fast, reducing analysis time in some cases by 100×. Most commonly measured materials can be analyzed in a few seconds. Even extreme high resistance (up to 200 GΩ) or low mobility (~0.001 cm2/V s) samples can generally be analyzed in under 2 min. With other HMS techniques, this could take hours to complete.
The M91 encourages rapid initial assessments of materials to determine if further study or greater precision is warranted. Spend less time waiting and more time doing real science.
Get all the data
Analysis of low mobility or high resistance materials faces challenges due to very low signal-to-noise ratios. Inaccurate measurements are likely unless sophisticated techniques and/or larger measurement samples are used.
With some HMS solutions, the researcher often has little chance to double check the intermediate results of the analysis, and can therefore be easily misled as to the validity of the reported results.
The M91 collects all the data. In addition to performing the complete Hall analysis and outputting the usual measured and derived mobility values, the M91 can also generate detailed reports including all of the supporting intermediate data, so the researcher can readily confirm the integrity of the final results.
M91 rear panel