STVP-100-FTIR Cryostat for FTIR Spectroscopy
Optical continuous flow cryostats for FTIR applications. These cryostats are similar to our standard model STVP-100 cryostats, but with the modifications for integrating the cryostat with your spectrometer system.
Similar in operation to the standard SuperTran-VP (STVP-100) cryostats, the STVP-100-FTIR includes a multiple position sample holder and a mounting flange to allow integration with a spectrometer. The sample is cooled by flowing vapor and is therefore an ideal choice for studying materials that are difficult to cool by conduction.
The mechanical drawing shows a standard STVP-100 sample positioner with coarse translation and rotation. If more precise translation and/or rotation is required, a linear manipulator may be mounted on the sample positioner for more accurate positioning. The drawing illustrates typical Fourier Transform Infra-Red (FTIR) windows, which may be altered to suit the specific application. The sample tube diameter may also be specified.
Standard STVP-100-FTIR features include:
- Sample in flowing vapor
- Multiple position sample holder
- Adjustable position sample positioner allowing sample rotation and translation
- Silicon diode temperature sensors on sample mount and vaporizer
- Mounting flange to fit spectrometer
- High-efficiency cryogen transfer line
- Indium sealed, strain-relieved, cold windows
- Liquid helium cooling
- Manually controlled precision linear and/or rotary manipulators
- Remotely controlled linear manipulator and/or rotary stage
- IR window materials, wedged or plane parallel
- Range of sample tube sizes available
- Liquid nitrogen cooling
- Electrical access to the sample
- A complete system solution including temperature controllers, pumping systems, and storage Dewars
- Isothermal zone sample tube (provides uniform sample temperature and enhanced operation with LN2)
- Base plate or mounting flange to interface with a customer-owned spectrometer
Contact us today!
|Sample environment||Liquid or flowing vapor|
|Temperature range||<2 to 300 K|
|Initial cooldown time||15 min|
|Temperature stability (with controller)||50 mK or less|
|Orientation||Vertical for <4.5 K|
|System weight (less transfer line)||Approximately 15 lb|
|Cryogen consumption (cooldown)||0.5 L LHe from 325 K to 4.2 K|
|Cryogen consumption (operation)||1.1 L/h at 5 K with LHe|
|NOTE: Specifications do not include parasitic or experimental heat loads.|
STVP-100-FTIR with mounting flange designed for use in a Bomem FTIR spectrometer
This cryostat was designed for use in a Bomem FTIR spectrometer. It has ZnSe outer windows in one axis and polyethylene windows in the other axis. The user requested a precision sample positioner with a special compact three-position sample holder and a manual precision linear/rotary manipulator.