Lake Shore Cryotronics will be at next week’s MRS Spring Meeting in Honolulu showcasing the new, all-in-one MeasureReady™ M81-SSM synchronous source measure system for electrical material characterization applications, as well as discussing other high-performance solutions for material researchers.
The unique, modular M81-SSM system provides highly synchronized DC, 100 kHz AC, and mixed DC + AC sourcing and measuring — including both voltage and current lock-in measurement capabilities — for researchers exploring the electrical properties of materials and early-stage devices. The ultra-low-noise system is particularly optimized for low-level measurements conducted in cryogenic environments.
In addition, the multichannel system provides a simple way to characterize multiple samples in parallel under identical test conditions, enabling users to obtain consistent, comparable data much faster than having to test samples individually.
Plus, due to its modular architecture, the M81-SSM system allows signal and source amplifiers to be located as close as possible to the samples being characterized. By having both DC and AC sourcing and measurement in one instrument, the M81-SSM can reduce setup and measurement overhead and eliminate the need for mixed-instrument setups. It also simplifies the setup and operation of complex material characterization configurations.
In Booth 109, Lake Shore will be demonstrating how the M81-SSM instrument and its modules can be set up to measure small photocurrents of a diode mounted in a Lake Shore VNF-100 cryostat, with the company’s MeasureLINK™ software managing the entire experiment.
In addition, Lake Shore will be available to answer questions about:
- Cryogenic probe stations for on-wafer DC, RF, or high-frequency measurements at temperatures as low as 1.6 K and in fields to more than 2 T
- Hall effect measurement solutions, including the FastHall™ Station, a fully integrated tabletop Hall system that leverages the patented FastHall measurement technology provided by the company’s M91 FastHall measurement controller for rapid, convenient Hall analysis of materials
- MeasureReady MCS-EMP modular characterization systems, which are versatile, multi-purpose electromagnet platforms that provide all the components needed for automated, variable field experiments
- Award-winning 8600 Series VSMs, which combine high sensitivity (15 nemu) and rapid measurement speed (10 ms/pt) in a simple-to-operate system for characterizing magnetic materials
- “Environment by Janis” cryostats, cryocoolers, and other lab cryogenic equipment
- Cryogenic measurement and control products, including cryogenic sensors, monitors, and controllers optimized for low-temperature material and device research