THz probe arm
Compatible with Lake Shore CPX, CPX-VF, CRX-4K, and CRX-VF
- For precise on-wafer contact probing of millimeter wave devices at THz frequencies (75 GHz and up) in a Lake Shore cryogenic probe station
- Opens new measurement possibilities for next-generation electronics R&D
- Supports vector network analyzers (VNAs) with suitable frequency extenders
- Enables calibrated S-parameter and other high-frequency electrical measurements to be performed at cryogenic temperatures and in magnetic fields
- Combine two THz probe arms with standard DC/RF/microwave probe arms for a total of 6 simultaneous contact probes
- A breakthrough solution, only available from Lake Shore Cryotronics
- 3-year standard warranty
Low-loss THz waveguide
High-frequency contact measurements require careful consideration to how signals are conducted to and from the device under test. As frequencies rise above 75 GHz and into the previously unobtainable THz regime, signals can deteriorate rapidly using existing waveguides over paths as short as a few centimeters.
Room temperature probing solutions have typically addressed this issue by minimizing the path length between the frequency extender source/detector modules and the probe. However, the connecting waveguides can only be reduced so much before the bulky modules intrude upon the sample space, complicating arm mobility and limiting options for adding other probes.
In a cryogenic probe station, significantly longer signal paths (on the order of 25 cm) are required to traverse the station’s vacuum chamber and interior structures. Lake Shore’s new THz cryogenic probe arm with its specially developed low-loss THz-frequency waveguide ensures excellent signal integrity over these longer spans.
Download the datasheet for more information